-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Don Wilhelm
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 4:00 PM
To: Soaring Eagles; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] KXB3080 problem

Jim,

One thing that will cause that problem is if the 'D' and '5' wires are
interchanged - they should cross over each other (guess how I discovered
that <G>)

Did you make the PC trace cut on the KX1 board?
Is T2 wound correctly and installed properly? - it should look like the
photos.  Were the toroid leads properly stripped?  The unstripped lead
length is rather critical in the KXB3080, but the proper lengths are
indicated in the manual.
Did you place the 'A' and 'B' wires as indicated in the manual? - they are
mixed on the KXB3080 board, so the wire marked A on the KXB3080 goes to the
B position on the KX1 board, etc.

Have you checked transmmit yet?  If you get proper RF output, you can be
reasonably certain that the Low Pass Filter is OK, but if you find no or low
power on transmit, look at the Low Pass Filter for the problem.  The LPF
(and the DDS) are the only components shared by both the receiver and the
transmitter.

73,
Don W3FPR