OK, I really appreciate your quick response!

I forgot to mention that the 20B cap does have a peak (not too much, but about the same as before, but there's no peak on 20A or 40. Also can't hear a peak on 30A or 30B.

'D' and '5" are correct
The trace is cut (I thought I might not have done it, so I did it again. ;) But, if I check do a continuity check on both sides of the old trace, I get a short. I have not taken the time to check this against the schematic, but I did check it.

T2 is wound correctly and installed properly and it does look like the photos. I followed the directions for stripping the toroids, so I'm not sure exactly what you mean here. What unstripped lead length would be a bad thing? If you're thinking that one of the leads is shorting somewhere it shouldn't, it doesn't appear to visually.

Yes, the 'A' and 'B' wires are correct (quadruple checked).

I did check transmit into a dummy load and here's what I get on my OHR WM-2
80 meters: 2 watts
40 meters: 3.5 watts
30 meters: 5.0 watts
20 meters: 3.2 watts

battery voltage shows 14.1 volts

Interestingly, the same setup showed 5 watts out on both 40 and 20 prior to the KXB3080 installation.

And, as I was typing this, I decided to hook back up the antenna and see what I heard. Well, signals were booming in on 80. Went to each band in turn and was able to successfully peak the 40, 30, and 20 meter filters.

So, what did I do? Don't really know. Other than going over everything about 10 times (no kidding) and scraping gently at 2 solder points that may (emphasize may) have been shorting. They didn't really look like they were, but there was some flux and it was shiny in the light, so I scraped a little between them. Don't even remember which ones they were. But, they were in the L6 and R1 part of the KX1 board and prolly one of the resoldered parts or very close to one.

I'll complete the reassembly. I planned on taking this on a trip to TX this week and was sweating not having it done in time. Hopefully I won't undo what I did do.

Thanks to everyone for putting up with the bandwidth!

Many thanks and 72 to Don. At least having some plan of action kept me going when I might have just given up til I got back from my trip!

Jim, WD9HBC