----- Original Message ----- From: "David Toepfer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

A bigger case with a new bigger front panel for
more/larger knobs, larger display, and analog S-meter; As someone said, more
base/main station like.

That would make me seriously consider a K3/4/5 - I bought the TS-480SAT earlier this year to use as GD4ELI when visiting my mother. The TS-480SAT is a great performer, excellent value for money, easy to use at home and mobile. But IMO neither the K2 or TS-480SAT are 'real' radios of the type I grew up with - Eddystone EA-12, ex-military etc. although they obviously offer far better performance and in relative terms are much cheaper.

Don't take this as a knock on Elecraft, but were I to build a large radio (I have the K1 and KX1 here and applaud Elecraft's commitment to the Amateur market) then I would want to build something Meaty Beaty Big and not very
Bouncy.

Even a K2 re-packaged - one thing I like about my IC-7800 (which I am selling) is the large user interface.

Simon Brown
---
RSGB HF Convention October 2006: http://www.rsgb-hfc.org.uk/