On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, Fred (FL) wrote:

I feel, all Elecraft needs to consider - is creating
a 2007 version of the K2, updated with 2006
technology, 2006 microelectronics, better display,
and a few bells and whistles to play with.

It's very interesting to hear all the second guessing of the Elecraft folks here....one might make the assumption that without the K3 Elecraft will dry up and blow away in the winds.

Another viewpoint might be that Eric and Wayne looked long and hard at the Amateur Radio market and produced a superior product that is well accepted, and if judged by price is quite a value, or if judged by quality is quite a value, or if judged by the ability for the owner to repair the unit is quite a value. Other benefits such as building your own rig, having something that is sub-sub-sub battleship size, easily used in portable and emergency situations seem to appeal to many.

But what do I know, simple appliance operator that I am, and not with unlimited funds to purchase the latest(but not always greatest) technology with large knobs, multi-colored displays and bands from DC to light, including a general coverage receiver, TV monitor, radar detector and security system.

I'm glad that Elecraft didn't design and produce a rig that I could never afford!

73,Thom-k3hrn
www.zerobeat.net Home of QRP Web Ring, Drakelist home page,Drake Web Ring,
QRP IRC channel, Drake IRC Channel, Elecraft Owners Database
www.tlchost.net/hosting/  ***  Web Hosting as low as 3.49/month