To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2006 12:54 PM
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] wherefore art thou, K3?

Bob, that's a GREAT idea.  As I think about it, I realize ...

I DON'T WANT A K3.

There, I said it.  I don't want a K3, I just want an larger and more
spread out UI for the K2.  I want a new front panel, bigger case, bigger
knobs.

BUT that ruins the K2 for portable use, now doesn't it.

So, your approach of a K2 "docking station" may be the better answer.
Plug in to the thingy and you have a larger UI.  Unplug and your rig is
still portable.  No PC to lug around.  Now combine the large UI panel
with the 100 watt PA in a single case and it gets cooler yet!

How much?  I guess I'm willing to spend $250 or so on a new front panel
thingy. I'm not willing to spend $1100 on a new rig.
- Keith KD1E -
- K2 5411 -