Phil and all,

The Rigblaster is capable of controlling PTT from its serial port
connection.

I don't have a RigBlaster, but I just looked at the schematic and see that
you must have P5 pin 1 jumpered to pin 10 (PSK31 programs control PTT with
the RTS signal), and you must jumper P1:B pin 18 to whichever pin you use on
your K2 mic jack for PTT (if your K2 is wired for the Elecraft configuration
with mic pin 2 as PTT, you would wire P1:B pin 18 to P1:B pin 25).

That should allow the RS-232 interface, the Foot switch as well as the front
panel mic input to control the PTT line.  Of course, the AUTO/VOX switch
should be in the AUTO position.

I don't know how that squares with the Rigblaster instructions, but it is
what their website schematic indicates must be done.

After looking at the Rigblaster schematic, I am amazed that they did not
include a transformer in the headphone jack to soundcard connection.  What
that means is that despite all the optoisolators used in this unit, the
headphone jack connection negates any other attempts to isolate the computer
ground from the transceiver ground.  Now I realize there is yet another
reason for all the hum and noise complaints about the audio when the
Rigblaster is used.  I would strongly suggest modifying the RigBlaster by
adding a transformer to break this sneak ground path - if that is possible
in this unit (it may not be due to the physical ground arrangement).

73,
Don W3FPR