Hello All,

A slightly tangential question. My XV144 is currently on order. I am planning
to use it once built with my Icom IC-781 as the 28 mhz IF.

The IC-781 requires a 'trigger' voltage of 2-13.8V dc into 10K ohm on one of
the rear accessory sockets, in order to enable the low level transceive port on
the rear of the radio. This is, I believe, a standard Icom setup, similar on
the IC-7800 etc.

After some heavy pouring over of the downloaded copy of the XV144 literature, I
am still not sure whether this voltage is supplied by the XV144. There are a
number of obvious easy, if less than 'neat', workarounds if required, but does
anyone know if the XV144 can supply a control voltage of that level, 'on' when
the XV144 is switched on, and 'off' when it is switched off? Eg off the RS232
port?

73
Wyn, VR2AX