To: "Wyn Hughes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006 9:46 PM
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] XV144 paired with ICOM

Wyn,

I don't know what the ICOM requires, so you will have to verify their
requirements, but I can say that there is no signal of the type you describe
as an output from the XV144.

Internally, there are several places where you can pick up 12 volts whenever the transverter is powered on - the cathode of D14 seems to me an easy place
to connect to.  You could connect that through a 10l resistor and bring it
out to whatever place is convenient for you.

Since you referred to the DE9 connector on the transverter as "RS232", I
must comment - IT IS NOT!!!
That connector is a 9 pin connector for connecting to the K2.  Accidently
connecting RS232 levels to this connector can damage the transverter
(particularly selected pins of the microprocessor on the front panel)

73,
Don W3FPR