Hi Bob -   The KX1 gets the nod here.  But for locations that I access by
car, I like my K1 better.  For that reason, I sold my KX1 and built another
K1.  I sold my first K1 when I built my KX1.  I don't take a rig hiking
much, due to we usually have a quick turn around time, and head back.  If I
want a hiking rig, I will use an SST.  The K1 is a much more pleasant rig to
use and has a  performance advantage.  There should be much more in the
archives.
Rick Dettinger
K7MW