That certainly sounds like a problem induced by RF Feedback from the
multiband antenna.
Just as  thought, perhaps a bit longer length of coax to your 4:1 balun
might be in order.
L B Cebik suggests a scheme for using open-wire feed - run coax through the
wall to the outside and install a 1:1 ferrite bead type balun (note NOT a
4:1 balun) on the outside.

A point of information that many folks seem to have trouble with is that the
output of the balun must match the feedpoint impedance of the transmission
line, and that has little to do with the characteristic impedance.  Just
because you are using a 600 (or 450) ohm feedline does not imply that a 4:1
balun should be used - in most cases, a 1:1 balun will do a better job
across all bands.

73,
Don W3FPR