Hello fellow Elecrafter's,
  I recently acquried a loaded K2 with a weird bug. When the unit is cold es
1st powered on, it gives a Hi Current alarm on x-mit.( CW) I have the pwr set
to 5 w. the bar graph shows abt 3 w , es an external watt meter shows almost 10
out to ant. After abt 4 or 5 min. warmup, everything is fine, es the bar graph
shows 5 w es the watt meter shows 5 w , and every thing plays normally.  I have
removed the antennna tuner es I\O, es the noise Blanker. Same symtoms. I want
to go "bare bones" es remove the ssb brd also, but dont really want to remove
all the front control brd componets. Can i remove the ssb brd es install the
jumpers agn without removing all of the componets on the front ? Has anyone had
a similar problem? Any suggestions appreciated.        Thanks,  Gregg Mulder
WB8LZG