Gregg,

There are no ICs on the KSB2 board that should cause a problem of that
nature.
When in CW mode, and during transmit, the only components that should be in
the signal path electrically are C42, D3, Q3 and C39.

Follow along on the KSB2 schematic - at the bottom, the BFO signal enters at
P1 pin 12, goes through C42, then D3 should be conducting because the TXC
signal from the KSB2 firmware should be active (+5v) during CW transmit.
The TXC signal also causes Q3 to conduct and the BFO signal flows out the
emitter of Q1 and through C39 to pin 7 of P1 - from there it goes to the RF
Board and on to the transmit mixer.  Be certain the TXC signal is correctly
present from the firmware chip (Pin 12 of U1).

So there is little involved on the KSB2 board for CW transmit.  Check to see
if you have the proper conditions present for the signal flow described
above, and that information should lead you to the source of the problem.
Check Q3, D3, and possibly D5.

73,
Don W3FPR