I just had a very similar problem at a customers K2: Without SSB board but
jumpers and C167 set, all is ok. With build in SSB board ALC sometimes
worked, sometimes not.

The failure was caused by a reversed Diode D2. Even if your Diode is not
reversed, it may have a thermal failure. Also check transistor Q1

73 de Peter, DL2FI