Hello all,

I have a question for the gurus regarding fixing my K2.  Back
in 2003 I built a K2 with KPA100, KDSP2, SSB, 160 mod and
external ATU and used it to operate mobile in South America
for a period of time.  I then returned to the U.S. to begin
med school and have been off the air since.  I'd like to get
back into radio now with my K2.

Shortly before I went QRT three years ago I noticed that the
front panel earphone jack broke.  It provides audio to
external headphones, but does not correspondingly cut audio
out from the internal speaker.  Very annoying.

I have only a short holiday vacation and then it's back to the
grind at work.  I don't have the time to teach myself how to
take apart the rig again, nor frankly would I trust myself to
do a good job removing a part soldered onto the board at
several points.  In the meantime I've simply unplugged P5 from
the control board.  I'm worried that the front audio jack will
completely break and then I'll be totally out of luck.

The question is: What is the best option for getting
assistance fixing my rig?  Should I send it to Elecraft
service?  Can I send it to Elecraft service?  Should I
subcontract out a rig builder?

I noticed that there are several hardware/firmware upgrades
that have come out that are also applicable for my rig.  It
would be great to install these at the same time.

Anyway, this is a plea for advice from someone who wants to
get back into radio, desperately loves his K2 (that he built
himself) and doesn't have the current ability to take the
whole thing apart and put it back together again.  Help!

Thanks!

Adam, N1KO