Keep in mind, Labtec also sells boom mic headsets .... which takes care of another requirement a microphone. They are sold as computer headsets , but have a nice electret element , just perfect for the K2 or icom radios. Some of the headsets even have the nice leatherlike ear cushions...

Altec ....( Sparkomatic , the cars stereo people bought the Altec name for consumer products) sold a bunch of nice headsets... which appear to be discontinued and sold off to some closeout houses...

http://www.costcentral.com/product-list/Headsets_Microphones/170/Altec_Lansing_Technologies/Z00396/

if you handy with a soldering iron , make a box to interface the headset mic plugs to go into a 8 pin foster plug. That way any of the computer headsets will be pluggable. The headphones will plug right in....just the mic plug needs to be adapted/interfaced,,,, If it is an electret mic element ( and they usually are ) the level will be fine!. My computer headset fits into my K@ pelican case for "vacations."

bill  ny9h