Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 4:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] IF shift

Hi Ron

"One of the strengths of the K2 is its single-conversion design. That is, in part, responsible for the extremely good specifications the receiver enjoys.
However, i.f. shift such as other rigs often feature require a
multiple-conversion design with all the issues that come with additional
mixers, oscillators and complexity. "

Well, I'm not sure this is totally true. Before I got my first K2, I used a
Kenwood TS-180S which had a very nice IF shift feature.  It was also a
single conversion radio, with an IF of about 8.3 MHz.  I loaned the manual
to Eric and Wayne so they could see how it was done.

Sure wish there was a way to implement it in the K2.
73, Bob N6WG
The Little Station with Attitude