Hi, Bob:

Yes, I have learned about that one since posting my comment! I tend to
forget that controllers today can do things that were not practical a few
years ago. Stuart (I think it was) pointed out that Art Collins actually
accomplished passband tuning by mechanically rotating the whole oscillator
assembly in one of his designs.

All of these approaches add complexity. Complexity isn't necessarily bad,
but it's almost always more expensive either to design or to reproduce.

Ron AC7AC