No, this is not an LDE - I simply missed sending it
originally.

In the meantime, I would have sworn the TS-820 my
father had did have an IF shift knob, turning that knob
caused it to behave like the radio had IF shift & this IF
shift functionality worked on all bands.

As they say, live & learn.  Will I still be alive & be able
to understand what from today I also have gotten all
wrong when 25 years from now somebody similarly
enlightens me to my obliviousness?  ;^)

73, VR2BrettGraham.

N7XY corrected:

Brett, that quote was from N6WG, not me.

I have no idea why I keep getting you two mixed up.

There have been a number of single-conversion rigs
with IF shift.  How it requires multiple-conversion or
with single conversion might only be reasonably
achievable on just a single band I am also having a
hard time getting my head around.

73 & HLNY, VR2BrettGraham