To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 8:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] wire antennas

I am very much enjoying reading the discussions on wire antennas. I have something I have been trying to figure out how to do for some time, and thought this might be a good place to ask.

I have an 80m loop, up about 60 or 70 feet. Currently it is fed with 300 ohm line. All I could find at the time, as what I had left in 450 ohm line (after I helped my elderly neighbor get his antenna back up, and gave him some of the ladder line) was not long enough. Additionally, I went to the local hamfest this weekend and could not find a single vendor selling ladder line, but I digress. I have approximately 290 feet of wire in the air in a horizontal, triangular configuration, fed with (soon to be) ladder line, a balun (1:1) and then coax to the shack. Is it possible to switch this (seems possible from what I have read) to a 160m antenna by taking one side to ground at the balun and feeding the other side? If this is possible, is there a way to do this remotely?

David Wilburn
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
K4DGW