After contemplating it a bit, I would say that it is 75 to 80 feet up. I had a similar one at my previous house up about 90 feet. It worked great. I broke more than one pileup while barefoot. I'm hoping this one works better after I get some 450 ohm ladder line on it. The both have tuned very well on the major bands, and with a bit of a struggle on some like 30m. The automatic antenna tuners in the my rigs has always worked pretty well tuning them up.

David Wilburn
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Stuart Rohre wrote:
How low did you have your horizontal loop? We always use a 2 wave or so one for field day, (80m), but mostly use it on 40m and up to 15m. It is always only 20 feet high, as that is the limit of reach of our portable ladder.

We get great signal reports, and work all over the country from the Central Southwest.

I have seen an 80m loop work less well than a dipole when low to a roof containing a metal edging, which we put off to detuning and coupling issues. We feed our loops with parallel lines, either 300 ohm window or 450 ohm window line.

Stuart
K5KVH