Agreed. The workmanship of 259B is poor and the frequency is for ever drifting. However, it is the cheapest piece of equipment serving the designed purposes.

I am now using a Kuranishi analyser where was bought from Japan and of commercial grade. The price of it is more than double of the 259B. For amateur works, 259B is enough.

73

Johnny Siu VR2XMC

From: "Ken Kopp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "KJ3D" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [Elecraft] MFJ 259 Antenna Analyzer
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 05:25:43 -0000

I agree about Mighty Fine Junk ... meters held in place
with glue-gun glue, raw metal edges, parts taped in place,
melted wire insulation at solder jounts, etc.

BUT ... I have a '259B and really like it!  It's served me
well. I've used it for a number of antenna resonance tasks and really can't offer a negative comment. Well, maybe the poorly placed double sided sticky tape that holds the batteries in place DID need a bit of attention ....

My Lady (N7HKW) and I spend six months each winter in our RV and I have a screwdriver antenna on the rear
bumper that I tune to resonance with my '259B.  It's easier
and faster than setting up the rig for low power and steady carrier ...

Ditto for a 100' insulated tower at home that I use on 80
160 that has a manually-tuned network at the base.

W8JI's website has information that applies to the '259.

73! Ken Kopp - K0PP
[EMAIL PROTECTED]