Hello
I haven't had my K2 (# 5846 ) long enought to fully understand all
the different settings that are possible with it , so I have a
question.
My CW filter setting are FL-1 1.50, FL-2 0.70, FL-3 0.40, and
FL-4 is 0.10. Even FL-4 is no where near as effective as the 250 hz
crystal filter in my Icom 718. When I turn on the 250 hz filter in
the Icom, it's like building a wall right on each side of the signal
that I am listening to. Nothing else is heard except noise and
signals that are exactly on the same frequency.
Is this kind of selectivity possible with the K2? If I installed the
DSP option would that help? And if so, what would the filter settngs
need to be? The only options I presently have are the 160 meter
option, noise blanker, serial adapter, ssb option, and the KPA100.
Thanks
Scott N5SM