I did a head to head comparison between my K2 and a near-mint TS-830s.
The 830s had dual 500 Hz factory filters (one in each IF) plus VBT to
narrow things even further.  The K2 is a late model unit and I put in 2
ground connections on each Xtal in the filter (per instructions).

I found the K2 to be better at ultimate rejection than the loaded 830s.
I also found the K2 to be a tad narrower than the 830s, even with the
830s VBT narrowed down.  The 830s just didn't have the steep skirts nor
ultimate rejection.

My testing was done during a big CW contest when there were lots (lots!)
of strong signals on the band.  K2 won over a well respected rig.

I find it really hard to believe that a starter rig (718) would have
better filter performance.  May be so, but you'd have to prove it to me.
Makes me think the K2 isn't quite right yet.

- Keith N1AS -
- K2 5411.ssb.100 -