Brett gazdzinski wrote:
I sent an Email to Jack Smith about a Z90 panadaptor kit,
but there are none left.
That would have been just the thing to go with the homebrew receivers
and the K2.

For Brett and the list. Yes, all the Z90/91 kits are spoken for.

However, if there is enough demand, there might be a "son of Z90" kit later this year, more aimed at the K2 user, with reduced price and simplified functionality. It would also include an updated K2 IF buffer output board, perhaps slightly reduced in size via more components on the bottom.

Whether this happens will depend on expressions of interest. I have a two simple projects to wrap up to show at Dayton (the Z1502 TDR adapter and, of more interest to the K2 community, the Z100 LED Tuning Bar CW and RTTY tuning aid, currently undergoing beta testing).

So, if enough K2'ers want a panadapter I'll work on the new edition. Way too early for detailed information, other than it will likely have one selectivity position, around 2 KHz BW and will scan 500 KHz at max and perhaps 50 KHz at minimum. It will not have the signal generator output and will be capable of working with perhaps 2 IF frequencies, and those IF frequencies will be determined by a combination of hardware and software, i.e., no DDS in this model, as a cost-reduction feature. It will have software similar to the Z90-Control version 2.0, including "point and shoot" tuning for K2 transceivers. I would like to package it in a case similar in styling to the K2, but that's a real price point problem for the small volume I anticipate.

If you want to see this happen, send me a message expressing your interest in purchasing such a kit, assuming a reasonable price. And, tell me how important it is to you to (a) have an LCD display versus computer-only and (b) would you be willing to pay an extra $75 for a K2-styled enclosure. (This also limits the size of the LCD, but that's probably necessary in the first place for reduced price design.)

Jack K8ZOA
www.cliftonlaboratories.com