Hi Brett,

First, my condolences to you and your family for the recent death in your
family.

I split my kpa100 into an EC2 enclosure with the kat100 this past winter. If
you search the reflector archives, you will find lots of info for doing
this. I used the info found on Lyle Johnson's KK7P website:
http://www.kk7p.com/k2kpa100.html.

It contains a very detailed explanation with lots of pictures. Placing the
kpa100 with the kat100 is very slick in that the RF and AUX BUS connections
are internal between the two boards. It is a very neat looking setup.

My design considerations were to allow me to remove the basic K2 from my
setup for portable ops without some of the hassle of exchanging the tops
(not that it is that much of a hassle). I also added the KB2 battery option
and KAT2 to my basic K2 at the same time. Works well for me - YMMV.

73,
Dave W8FGU