Don and others,

A few weeks back, a user posted about an issue with low power output
with his K2. Don said:

If you do not have either the KAT2, the KPA100, or the KAT100 installed, the
K2 does not display the actual power output on the LCD (the requested power
is displayed briefly when the power control is changed). What is the
indication on the LED bargraph during transmit?

I'm going through an issue with my K2 where it *appears* to be putting
out too much power. With the KPA100 installed, the output sometimes
jumps up to 150+W.

I removed the KPA100 from the picture and have been seeing if I can
reproduce higher than normal output with just the base K2. So far, the
behavior is that if I enter TUNE mode, the indicated power on the
display of the K2 will rise to 16-17W. My watt meter isn't accurate
enough to tell me what it's *really* putting out though, although with
the KPA100 it is accurate enough to see the 150W+ peaks.

So I was trying to think if it's really putting out 16+W, or if the
power meter is really telling me it's TRYING to put it out (because my
external wattmeter looks like actually less, but again not accurate).

I also thought maybe it's an ALC issue, because if I rotate the power
knob back then back up to max, the indicated power on the K2 will go
to about 15W, but the next time I do TUNE again, it again goes back up
to 16+W.

Any thoughts on this? Should I keep chasing ALC issues? I've already
gone through the base K2 RF board resoldering T1-T4, reheating
anything that looks suspect, etc. to no avail.

I also sent something to this effect to [EMAIL PROTECTED], I'm just hoping
someone might have any ideas that I could chase down.

Thanks,

Jeff