I see there is an IF output (2nd IF I assume). What are the IF frequencies? Does the IF output follow rcvr selection? If I connect it to my Z90 Panadapter, can I totally disable the roofing filters or does it default to the widest one? If the latter, will you offer a w-i-d-e LC filter option, or do I need to pull out the 1st IF ahead of the roofing filters? What is the BW if I don't put roofing filters in one receiver?

I could go on, but I don't want to spoil your convention ;-)

73,
Larry N8LP

wayne burdick wrote:
Toby Deinhardt wrote:

1) Do any of the options conflict with each other, i.e. if A is installed, then B can not be?

No, except that you're limited to 5 crystal roofing filters per receiver.

2) If the KRX3 is installed one would need two of the KFL3A-200, KFL3A-250, KFL3A-400, KFL3A-500, KFL3A-2.8K, KFL3A-6K, KFL3B-FM, and KBPF3 to have two maximum feature RXes?

See above -- only five crystal filters per receiver. You can set them up differently, if you prefer. For example you could put a really narrow filter only on the main receiver, and put an FM filter only in the subreceiver. In any case you can add filters incrementally.

You'd only need two KBPF3's if you wanted general coverage on both receivers.

3) If one installs the KBPF3, what impact does this have on the ham band front filters?

None whatsoever. The KBPF3's filters are switched in only when needed, and added strays are completely negligible. The KBPF3 mounts just above the main band-pass filter array.

4) Is the K3 avaidable with an optional KPA1500? hi hi

Don't we wish  :)

Most engineering staff members were redirected to the K3 project, which actually started before the amp, and which we decided should be finished first. But we'll go back to the amp as time permits. Sorry, can't give you a date....

73,
Wayne
N6KR

---