Hi All,

My K2 project has two snags.  The first is the optical encoder.  When turning
the encoder shaft, it appears to be battling with "Lock" to see who will
control the frequency.  Lock always wins, although if you turn fast enough, you
can get one or two changes in the lsb.  The remainder of the front panel seems
to work well.  Can someone shed some light on this problem?

The second battle is somewhere in the PLL.  I get a signal at TP1.  TP2 has
nothing but a lot of noise that you would expect if the loop is not locking
properly.  These are sticky wickets, and I sure could use help.

Thanks for any help,

Bill
NA7Y