Werner,

If the computer remained off during the time the serial cable was connected, no damage would have resulted, but if the computer was turned on and the pot was active, quite a few components could potentially be damaged.

A couple of years ago, Tom Hammond (N0SS) published a list on the reflector of the potential components that could be damaged, and that list may still be available in the archives. In the worst case, anything connected to the AUXBUS, VRFDET, 8R and 12CTRL signal lines in the K2 are at risk.

If your K2 still works, there is a chance that no damage occurred.

73,
Don W3FPR

Dr. Werner Furlan wrote:
hi, what can happen if a full serial cable from the PC is connected to the K2 serial IO port? I have a special cable for the K2 with RX TX GND lines only, but I mixed it up with the normal serial cable.

I have the 10W K2. CAT-control works fine - could I have done some damage to the K2 which is not noticable now? If yes, how can I test it?

73! de Werner
OE9FWV

-- Thought for the day:
    Book (n): a utensil used to pass time while waiting
    for the TV repairman.

PGP-Key: <http://www.qsl.net/oe9fwv/furlan.asc>
Fone +43 5522 75013
Fax +43 820 555 85 2621