You can also build this simple optocoupled interface:
http://www.hamlan.org/tech/k2optocat/k2optocat.htm
Ciao and 73
Guido, ik2bcp

2007/5/31, Dr. Werner Furlan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
hi David,

On 30 May 2007 at 22:27, David Woolley wrote:

> > What normally happens is that you blow the auxbus, and end up with a
> > dead radio. Since yours still works, you probably got away with it.
> > Perhaps there was nothing connected to that pin on your cable.
>
> That sounds like an accident waiting to happen!

>From Don I got the advice to key the female DB9 connector at Pin 4 - not
used on the K2. (I put a short piece of thin plastic into the hole and fixed it
with super glue)
That's what I did. I had to remove Pin 4 on the male DB9 serial cable with
only Pin 2,3 and 5 wired.

By the way, tonight the serial com2 on my PC died - that's worse because
there is no chance to repair the mainboard. (this was just coincidental, I did
not connect anything wrong to this comport.)

73! de Werner
OE9FWV

--
 Money isn't the root of all evil.  LACK of money is.

PGP-Key: <http://www.qsl.net/oe9fwv/furlan.asc>
Fone +43 5522 75013
Fax +43 820 555 85 2621
Mobile      +43 664 6340014