Ahh - I see this was more about changing the list to a message board format.

We also will be keeping the list email based. As several have mentioned before, it is very easy to set up your email client program to filter individual messages to separate folders based on words in the subject line or body. I use this extensively to handle the huge email load I receive daily. [Elecraft] list posts go to the 'Elecraft List' folder, and even K3 posts can go to a 'K3' sub folder. None of the list postings are ever seen in my main inbox.

Also, for those who prefer to read the list in a web based format, we have been providing this service for a long time. See: http://www.ac6rm.net/mailarchive/html/elecraft-list/ It does much of what people are asking for.

You can click on [Date] to read each days postings sorted by time and date. [Thread] sorts by thread etc. I use the [Date] sorted list to display each posting just by its subject line. I then only need to click on the posting subject lines that I actually want to read and I am not overloaded by email headers etc. If you prefer to read the list this way, just set your list options to 'no email' to stop individual mail delivery but still be allowed to post. (I'll post instructions for this next.)

73, Eric