I have an Icom WM32A that I picked up in 1999. Works fine, when I can figure
out how to work it. Claims to have an "Intuitive" interface. Perhaps to C3PO
or R2D2, or one of their human clones, but not to this mere mortal.
Otherwise it works fine. It is both 144 and 440 MHz and capable of full
duplex operation using both of those bands. Guess that's one of the
"features" everyone needed. Right.... Receives both FM and AM and tunes the
aircraft and weather frequencies.

My favorite was an old Kenwood from the 1980's - all thumbwheel switches, FM
only and simple to operate. In a moment of madness I sold it.

Ron AC7AC