Richard Hill  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The K2 is clearly a great CW radio, but it's SSB reputation
is not so high.

Am surprised Rich to hear that the K2's SSB reputation is not so high, would that be it's Rx or Tx performance? My K2/100 plus Heil ProSet Plus with HC5, and no doubt many other K2s, often receives an unsolicited report of "excellent" audio with a 2.1 kHz filter in the KSB2 for reasons of "talk power". The only severe problem that I have found with the receiver in any mode is that it cannot handle the BC stations between 7140 kHz and 7200 kHz when they are in full voice here, with carrier levels in the -10dbm or higher region, and I have to use another receiver when working the States or other DX if using a dipole and not a beam with useful f/b during these periods.

Must defend the K2 :-)

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD