Kenneth E. Harker  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :

I am a K2 owner and a serious phone contester.  I do not use the K2 for
contesting.  The two biggest flaws are (a) the tuning rate of the main
tuning knob is awful for serious phone use and cannot be improved, and
(b) there is no audio monitor.  The K3 will fix both of these problems
as well as adding a second receiver option (useful for 40 meters split
operation) among other improvements for the phone operator.

Understood. It has been a long time since I was a serious phone or CW contester, more S&P during a contest these days. Otherwise looking for "new ones" from this QTH for fun not awards - been there! In this context I find the K2's tuning rate not to be handicap but an audio monitor would be useful, when using the K2/100 my only monitor is a spectrum analyzer. A second built in receiver can also be useful for crossband split or search if the receiver's design allows for this.

Many thanks.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD