On 6/22/07, Geoffrey Mackenzie-Kennedy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Understood. It has been a long time since I was a serious phone or CW
contester, more S&P during a contest these days. Otherwise looking for "new
ones" from this QTH for fun not awards - been there! In this context I find
the K2's tuning rate not to be handicap but an audio monitor would be
useful, when using the K2/100 my only monitor is a spectrum analyzer. A
second built in receiver can also be useful for crossband split or search if
the receiver's design allows for this.

I'm glad I don't take radio too seriously, it sounds like you can
never be satisfied with anything. :) I can't really see what's wrong
with the K2's tuning rate, for voice. I find the 100Hz steps just fine
for that. As for an audio monitor, I've never found it helpful trying
to listen to my own voice as I speak. I use another radio and record
off-air using the computer, then I can play it back and listen
properly. I can even make several recordings using different settings
and pick the best.

--
Julian, G4ILO
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com