> unnecessary.  I also like being able to directly
access a
> stack memory with just 2 button presses, rather than

> potentially using 4 presses via scrolling, as in
Orion and Omni VII.

> Exactly.  Leave it to Elecraft to thoughtfully
consider the use case for
> "band-stacking registers" and implement a better
solution.  We should

I think that even two keypresses could be improved to
only one. Suggested if you press (anyKey) + M1 it
deactivates the keyer/voice keyer function and the
button operates only in the band select mode until the
next power down or (anyKey) + M1.

Also, I was assuming that if I press M1 and it takes
me to say 21.030 CW and I dial to 21.060 and then
press the M2, that I'm taken to whatever is stored in
M2 --after-- 21.060 is saved at M1.

Yaesu calls this "tunable memories" in the FT890 and
it's great because I'll always forget to do a V->M
after QSY to 21.060 and before pressing M2.

If you leave the computer off while operating,
non-tunable memories are cumbersome.