John,

The 'random' goes with the 'access' and not with 'memory'.

The terms 'random access' and 'serial access' have been used since the days computers started to move away from tape I/O devices (serial access) to other devices where you could point to any data address and access it (random access).

So to my computer oriented mind, random access is preferable - the fact that the word 'stack' has been glued into the fact that such memories exist is the problem when it should refer to the access method.

73,
Don W3FPR