I don't think it's the keyer's fault; the keyer is just responsible for timing. My keyer code emulates a bug mode; in regular iambic or bug mode, a Bencher paddle is going to feel......well....like a Bencher paddle :-)

72
Goody
K3NG

Vic K2VCO wrote:
Tom Hammond wrote:

This having been said... I've used a number of keyers which purported to offer a 'bug' mode and none(!) have ever felt anywhere near 'right'... and I've used bugs for DECADES...

This is because a whole lot of the feel of a bug comes from the momentum of the weight swinging back and forth. A 'bug mode' keyer is a pale imitation.

--
Blog: http://thek3ngreport.blogspot.com/