I had to design and build my own because I wanted to run up to a KW through it. If I had to buy new matched roller inductors they alone would cost over 400 dollars.

I found most of what I needed in my junkbox or on Ebay but even so the parts and materials alone were well over 300 dollars ... and I laid out and built my own circuit board, bent my own aluminum, and made many component compromises. Any commercially built balanced autotuner for a KW would be *very* expensive. Many hundreds of man-hours later for construction and software programming have finally got me what I wanted and I am very happy with it. But I don't ever expect to see one on the market that is easily affordable for most hams.

Don K7FJ

However, it would be so nice to have a wide-range balanced autotuner. I couldn't find one on the amateur market.

Though this works for me at the moment, it should be nice if someone (Elecraft?) could come up with a stand alone truely balanced automatic antenna tuner.

73,
Roelof Bakker, pa0rdt
Middelburg, Netherlands
JO11tm