I have been thinking of doing the same thing, but good for
600 watts of AM carrier plus modulation.
I would wind the coils out of copper tubing, and make the coils
tapped with a switch, only the best roller inductors hold up
over time.
The coils would have a link input from the rig side.

 http://www.cebik.com/link/link.html

Sort of like the old Johnson matchboxes.

They also had a switch instead of a roller inductor, the roller
allows too wide a range, its sometimes hard to repeat
settings as there are to many variables.

I have a heathkit tuner now with the roller inductor, and its
a real pain, a switch for the band would be better, even though
the match might be slightly off.

Brett
N2DTS