I confess to not being a CW guy. Yeah, I passed the 20 WPM test for my Extra many years ago, but that didn't make me a devotee. I use microphones or keyboards when I operate. (With the K3, I've even used my paddles, but not for CW!)

I find when I have the K3 turned on, I often tune down to the PSK or RTTY areas of 20 meters and watch the text scroll by on the VFO B display of the K3. I used to do this sometimes with my IC746PRO with its RTTY decoder, but that radio doesn't decode PSK31, so it was mostly interesting only during RTTY contests or W1AW bulletins :-)

Since my PCs are tied up with my work, I don't usually have soundcard software running. With the K3, I don't need the PC or its software! It internally decodes RTTY, PSK31 and CW.

This feature has changed my perspective on listening around on the bands. RTTY and PSK are now as accessible to causal listening as SSB or CW.

Oh, yes, about CW. The CW decoder has driven me to listen around in the CW segments. I want to see if I can figure what's being sent before the decoder does, or to see if I can catch the decoder in an error :-) My ability to copy CW in my head, never very good, is certainly getting better with this visual reinforcement.

73,

Lyle KK7P

K2 S/N 000000000000002

PS - I am not unbiased in all of this, of course, having written the DSP portion of these demodulators. But making something and finding myself wanting to use it are two different things :-)