David Ferrington, M0XDF wrote:

Lyle, how good is the decoder? My limited experience of CW decoding in
firmware is that the CW has to be near machine perfect in order for the
decoder to get it. What's the K3 like?

David,

Lyle will give you his observations, I'm sure, but I thought I'd mention that I've been able to copy some pretty sloppy code with it. The decoder keeps track of dot/dash ratios, factors out noise to the extent possible, and now also has an "AUTO" mode where it will try to select the ideal signal level for element vs. space decisions. I'm also planning to do additional analysis of element vs. letter vs. word space lengths, at which point it should handle very individualist sending.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

---