> As I recall, TT also basically told their customers that, "This is not
> a design flaw, this is how it is supposed to work." And further, even
> argued back about what was and what was not necessary for their
> customer's satisfaction.

Not only that ... TT do not learn from their mistakes.  The same fight
is being repeated over the Omni VII!

Among other issues, most software and many interface hardware now
implement PTT in CW.  Any radio that is unable to deal with PTT
is a significant problem for the user who often does not understand
why his new rig does not work properly since his previous rig worked
fine.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV