I also don't know anything about 6 meters, but heard the broadcast
engineers over in Philadelphia used it and had a repeater on it.
Maybe it can work like CB over short range?

The 756 pro had 6 meters I think, but I never tried it, I don't
have any short antenna's for 10, 11, or 6 meters, and never hear anything
up there when I listen on the long antenna's.

There is also a LOT of bandwidth to tune to listen for any signals...

Even 15 seems dead, I remember making a lot of contacts on 15 with my
hw7, I even put up a 3 element 15 meter beam, what fun working NJ
to Wyoming solid copy on 3 watts.

Its all the sunspot cycle I suppose....or will people forget those
bands and they will be empty even if open?

Brett
N2DTS