If any of these are not really available or do not
work as advertised I'll be majorly bummed.

[Elecraft] K3 AGC Adjustment Parameters
Vic K2VCO vic at rakefet.com
Thu Oct 11 14:32:33 EDT 2007

Parameters
author ]

dhhdeh at comcast.net wrote:

> But I need some enlightenment.  In reading the FAQ's
concerning the
> AGC parameters of the K3, I found the following
discussion:

> "Are the settings variable in terms of attack, hang,
and decay? In
> the menu, you can set the following parameters for
AGC:  Attack time,
>  Hold (Hang) time, Decay rate (in dB/sec for Fast
and Slow),
> Threshold, and Slope. Slope sets the compression you
get from AGC,
> whether you like everything above the threshold to
be flat (S4 and 40
>  over S9 are the same level) or some sort of slope
(2:1, 10:1
> whatever) so stronger signals are somewhat louder."

> In the User Manual under the program menus on page
50, I only see
> adjustable AGC paramenters for Hold, Pulse and
Slope.  Nothing on
> adjusting the 'attack time', 'decay rate' or
'threshold'.

> Did I miss something elsewhere in the manual or am I
misinterpreting
> something?

The other parameters were there in early beta versions
of the firmware,
but were removed for production. I believe (but you
will have to get
this from the horse's mouth) that it was found
possible to optimize
these settings, so they didn't need to be adjustable.

I know, for example, that the attack time was
originally adjustable so
that you could set it to ignore short noise pulses.
But since then, the
AGC Pulse function was implemented to deal with this,
and so the attack
can be as short as possible for best performance.
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco