I bet it could make a mess of things to make all the settings easy
to adjust.
I just wonder if the settings are good for AM reception, where you
want a slow agc so you don't knock the bass out, and by bass I mean
10 to 50 Hz type stuff.
On most 'ham' gear, you don't want that as it would just add noise,
but for fidelity reception, its nice to go well below 200 Hz.
The homebrew receivers go below 20 Hz, good for zero beating an
AM station, I watch the 10 inch woofer pulse in and out as I zero...

I limit the bandwidth I want to hear in the AUDIO chain, NOT
in the receivers...
Highs are not as much of an issue with me, my ears are no good above
about 4000 Hz...

Older receivers do really well with fidelity, almost anything
tube based can get to 20 Hz at the detector, I have not found
any modern ham gear that went much below 200 Hz.

Its interesting that some guys use modified FT102's and get
the low frequency down below 20 Hz, they can wave their hand
in front of the microphone and I can see it move the speaker.

What a wide range of things people do with ham radio....

I hope the K3 performs well in the fidelity department....

Brett
N2DTS