It looks like the K3 will be with us for a long time to come.  At least I
hope so.  I have heard several on in recent contests, and they sound good.
I hope to be able to purchase one after the dust settles. Perhaps in 2013
(hi hi).  I hope that the K4 doesn't come along anytime soon.

    73,

    Steve Brandt N7VS

    Portland, Oregon

> Right on, Bill. Joe's comments are some of the most useful I have seen in
all the K3 related postings. With all the menu choices the K3 has, it seems
like they could have incorporated (could still incorporate?) the option of
"industry standard" or "Elecraft" choices for some of these functions. I
think we have already heard from Eric on the subject of ALC. I don't use it
for the reasons he gave, but some people do, and I believe he has said that
it will be addressed.

> BTW, I hope the KPA800/1600 will either provide negative going ALC as an
option or have a built-in fast acting attenuator to obviate the need for
external power control if they want a broader audience than K3 owners ;-)

> 73,
> Larry N8LP
>

> KK7P re W4TV:
>  >Please be assured that we appreciate your thoughtful and constructive
> comments on the K3.
>
>          I strongly second that Lyle...I only wish Joe had
> been one of your beta testers because of the quality of
> his suggestions.  Keep that in mind for the K4!   ;-)
>
>                                  73,  Bill  W4ZV

> --
11/30/2007 12:12 PM