Just as well I have an Acom 1000, it works perfectly with my K3...
No keying issues and no ALC needed (or provided) and one simple phono to phono
coax lead between them for keying.

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80
Acom 1000

The biggest events I have seen are pretty important: The reversed polarity of the ALC voltage (K3 ALC polarity setup is not presently compatible with widely used amps from Yaesu and ICOM - perhaps incompatible with ALL amps requiring ALC, but I am not sure about that). This was discussed on the k3 yahoo reflector a couple weeks ago. Also the mention here the other day of a similar polarity mismatch problem with a CW loopback feature for QSK (that I don't really understand).

Elecraft says they will develop a work around for the ALC problem at some future time. This ALC thing is a major item for AMP users trying to follow their manufacturer's instructions for setup.

Jerry W4UK