John Magliacane wrote:

When Skin Effect losses become an issue in RF conductors and
inductors, Litz wire is typically used.  I see no reason why a

One has to ask why this isn't used in all the commercial "miracle" antennas.

I believe the Normal Mode Helix, as is used in HI-VHF television
broadcasting, is a travelling wave antenna, rather than a
resonant standing wave antenna, such as a dipole.

You are thinking of axial mode helices. Normal mode helices are the most common antennas on VHF hand-helds, and are often called "rubber ducks".

--
David Woolley