We had check-ins!!!

The Elecraft SSB Net was held this evening with a total of 6 check-ins.
We actually started just before 6pm on 7.195khz. Band conditions were
typical for 40 meters...qsb...qrn...but Elecraft gear was up for the
challenge!!

Your NCS was Roger, WA7BOC, way out here in the Northwest, further north
than your CW NCS, Kevin KD5ONS. For this evening, I was using K3 #75 set at
20 watts drive to a Hallicraft(ers) ancient HT-41 amplifier at 400-500 watt
PEP. This RF traveled through a Palstar balanced L antenna tuner out the
ladder line to a full wave 160 meter loop high up in some Douglas Fir trees.
The microphone was the Elecraft MD2 desk mic with the TX equalizer set flat.

The "inaugural" check-ins: (I get to play it up as volunteer NCS hi hi!!)

W6NIA   Matt   K3 #24   CA
KC6ROC  Rob    K2 #5924 CA
N0EHQ   Ed     K3 #242  IA
XE2HWJ  Craig  K? #??   LaPaz Baja California
AD5X    Phil   K3 #308  TX

Craig, I had too many numbers on my tablet and lost your serial number in
the process!!
I will have a nice form ready to go for the next session!

All stations were 20-30 over...pre-amp off... for a moment or two...like I
said...40m qsb...

For such a short notice it was a lot of fun, thanks to all who checked in.
Please keep the
ideas coming so the day, time, and frequencie(s) can be firmed up.

It was great to hear some voices attached to the call letters we have seen
on the various
reflectors.

73 and "pulling the big switch"

Roger WA7BOC